Monday, June 27, 2011

It's A Swinging Thingy

This is the third layout in the mini series beginning with Find Your Joy. I love everything vintage as you may well know and have had this sheet of Sassafras Lass paper called 'winsome' for some time. It is a collage of vintage image cards, flowers and boarders and once I bravely started cutting the images apart found it really easy to create this fun layout.

This layout is made directly onto the back of the previous layout, as the paper is sturdy double sided cardstock I didn't see the point in wasting it. The sticker of the girl on the swing is from October Afternoon's Fly A Kite collection and the chipboard alphabets are Kaisercraft. Everything else was cut from the Sassafras Winsome paper.


To give the vintage cards a raised embossed look I turned them face down onto a piece of high density foam and then rubbed the sections I wanted raised with the ball on the end of my craft knife. I know there are proper tools for this but I don't have any and just made do with what I had. These photo's don't do the embossed cards Justice. No matter how many angles I tried to photograph these from you just could not see the embossing properly.


I just love this little elephant. I used my craft knife to cut around the end of his trunk so that I could tuck the little playing card underneath.

Well that's all folks.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment