Monday, June 27, 2011

Find Your Joy

This Layout is simple yet sure to lift your spirits and that is exactly what my little miss did for me this day. I was very tired and had been stressed about the deteriorating health of my grandmother. Sophie asked if we could water the flowers and take some pictures of them.

She had me smiling in no time especially when she told me " when your sad mummy you can always find your joy and be happy again. I think its keeped somewhere in your tummy and it makes you feel gooderah"

This is the story that inspired the following layout.


Looking at this layout reminded me I never got to add journalling. I'll have to get onto that.



I cut around the overlapping edge of the butterflies and tucked the photo underneath then held the raised butterfly wings with some dimensional tape to add interest. For the title I inked and heat embossed the bracket in fire engine red. I used the back of the packaging from some of my Sassafrass Lass button flowers for a journalling block and the alphabet stickers are October afternoon, as are the 1 inch circles with the vintage flowers I used to dot all over the page. I used some velvet ribbon to frame up the picture to coincide with Sophie's velvet coat. On the top left hand corner is a pretty floral embellishment with a crystal heart dangle which I have had in my stash forever and a day but knew I would use eventually.



Well what can I say. What a little cutie. Love you to bits.

Well that's all folks

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment