Friday, January 7, 2011

Go Aussie Bro

After spending SO much time working on gifts for my family and friends and preparing for, enjoying and recovering from Christmas I'm finally back.

This year I am going to scrap for myself. That's the plan anyway.

I like so many others have so many pictures to scrapbook, yet find myself always working on projects for others.

So to get the ball rolling a page centred around a picture of my truly amazing, always loving brother.

So I started with this photo.



With a little editing I settled on this.


I used a sheet of Kaisercraft extreme paper, added my photo and then went to work heat embossing the chipboard arrow and corner piece in gloss black.

I decided to have a go at foil transfers to add some electric blue bling to them and quickly found out that my $2 bargain shop foil transfer kit was a bit hit and miss on top of glossy surfaces.


As far as the title I had some Lil Davis chip board alpha's in my stash which worked perfectly.

Alas there was no letter "B".

What to do, what to do I asked myself then it hit me. (ouch)

I painted a raw chipboard letter B with white acrylic paint and when it was dry I dressed it up with some more foil transfers.



I took to some crown bottle tops with a hammer and flattened them out. 

Such good therapy bashing these little guys,

then printed out some 1 inch circles with white text reading Fair, Dinkum and Mate!

The page still needed a little something so I added some black rhinestones to create a circular frame.




A little journaling and I was done.

Well That's all Folks

Cheers

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment