Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cute As A Cupcake

Whilst searching for inspiration for a pretty dress for Sophie I came across a tutorial on http://confessionsofacraftaddict.com/ on how to create a ruffled insert panel.

Well the first picture on this tutorial was to die for. I'm telling you this is one seriously creative lady. I sugest you check out her site. 

I was instantly inspired and started to sketch my ideas down.

I changed the top panel to a halter neck and elasticated gathered panel at the back.

I also lined the adorable cupcake fabric which I bought at lincraft as it was a very light cotton.

By the time I had lined the over and under skirt I found there was quite a bit of bulk and decided not to put the ruffles on the insert panel after all.

Well Soph was more than happy to model her new outfit and did not want to take it off after our little photo shoot.



Tea Pot Pose.



Love that smile.


Front split up close.


The back detail.


This last picture reminds me of my sister (Luv U Sis). So so so cute.

Well thats all folks

Cheers

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment